David Mills's Internet Shed
Welcome to the webshed One of my homes on the internet.
Friends & family that have ended up here are probably lost, anyone looking for my photos probably wants to be at Flickr instead. Academic visitors are directed to my research pages. Radio amateurs may be interested in my Ham Radio and Radio Projects pages. My radio callsign is G7UVW.
Recent projects and articles
Some of the more recent things I've been working on and documenting here on webshed. From photography to electronics via wine and cider making, I've a wide range of interests. Mature projects and other projects not actively being worked on at the moment are listed in the Projects Category in the menu bar on each page.
- Getting started with the NucleoF401RE development board.
- A prototype low power sensor platform based on Arduino, DHT22 and SD card
- Design and building a basic signal injector tool for radio repair
- Some initial experiments with hollow-state vacuum tube technology
- Using the Dangerous Prototypes Open Bench Logic Sniffer on Mac OSX
- Some photographs on the inside of an Icom HM-103 Microphone for reference purposes.
- Heart Blinkenlights A Valentine's Day blinkenlight project.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Teardown What's inside a 2010/2011 vintage carbon monoxide sensor.
- Weather Graphs based on Raspberry PI
- Multiple 1-wire sensors on the Raspberry PI
- DS18s20 DS18b20 1-Wire Temperature senors on the Raspberry PI
- Simple iPod FM transmitter
- A mercury tuned oscillator (permeability tuned oscillator)
- Equivalent series resistance meter
- Making a cheap Chinese 1.8" TFT LCD module work
- Decoding license free data transmitters on 70cms with RTL_433
- Icom 9100 RigCAT file that works for VHF and UHF as well as HF
- Testing ferrite broadband transformers
- AD9850 DDS controlled by Arduino
- ZS6BKW Wire antenna
- Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker amateur radio station
- Using a FUNcube Dongle SDR reciever under Linux
- 144 MHz QRP QRSS transmitter
- Yaseu FT290R Audio Fix
- 80m band RX using only PNP transistors
- Super simple and effective toroid winding tool, by Chick G0RNN
- Some information on various TOKO Coils and transformers.